(Fail vid! check it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDDce4N4znA)
Urgent Rocky Mountain Conference (RMC) Deadline!
- Sign up NOW!
- Deadline is Jan 30! TODAY!!!
- After January is an extra $15
- $65 due by Jan 30, other travel expense info to come
- Pay HERE (https://commerce.cashnet.com/webagency , This will bring you to main menu, then search for the RMC payment link.)
- email Bruce at email@example.com
Pre-Design and CANstruction
- First meeting is for 5 minutes right after Seminar.
- Meet at the front of this room!
- There are still slots available to help out. No experience required. If you want to go to RMC this is a good way to get a little more out of the trip. We've won top three the last few years.
Technical and Non-Technical Papers
- Only a few people have emailed about the Technical and Non-Technical Papers.
- Prizes money is real and it looks great on your resume.
Mongolia Clothing Drive (Lots of Service Points) 2 Events
- Help pick up clothing - Saturday February 1st - 11:30am to 1:30pm Sign up here
- Clothes Packing Party - Thursday February 6th - 5:30pm Step Down Lounge Sign up here
- We need as many people to help out as possible. Even if you can help for an hour, that help a lot. Please sign up to help.
- meeting on Friday, 31st January, at 4 pm in CB 381.
- 2 scholarships offered to Juniors and Seniors who are taking minimum of 14.0 credits
- Offered by ASCE Central Utah Branch for Civil Engineering students
- Go to CE office to find details
- Deadline for application is Monday February 3, 201
FE Reviews this week
- Monday February 3 Computers w/ Dr. Jones 5-6pm 381 CB
- Wednesday February 5 Statics/Dynamics w/ Dr. Magleby 4-5pm 393 CB
- Thursday February 6 Structural Analysis w/ Dr. Balling 4-5pm 393 CB
- Sign up HERE to receive emails and helpful link/documents
FE Review Camera Protection
- Requires set up and monitoring of camera during FE Reviews
- See schedule and sign up HERE
- 1 Service Point!
- Opening social next Tuesday (2/4/14) at 5:00pm.
- Room TBA, will post a sign on the transpo lab (room CB 376), all the details will be on there.
- Domino Pizza (lots)!
2014 MATHCOUNTS Competition
- Saturday Feb. 8th
- American Fork Junior High
- 35 BYU students help proctor and grading the competition tests
- Need to arrive by 7:30 am
- Free T-shirt
- Sign up HERE
BYU ASCE Networking Dinner (Activity/Networking Point)
- Wednesday February 12th, 6-8pm in 3290 WSC
- Network with professionals, learn about internships, learn how to improve your resume.
- Sign up now! 55 of 63 Spots filled up as of Wednesday morning. Confirmation email will follow.
Student Resume Book
- Will be given to professionals attending BYU ASCE Networking Dinner
- Send one-page PDF of Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include when you will graduate in the email.
- Deadline is Saturday, February 8th. Resumes will be emailed to professionals on Monday before dinner.
Job Search Savvy Student Workshop (Activity Point)
- Opportunity to practice your networking, interviewing skills.
- Wednesday, February 12th
- 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Step Down Lounge (Clyde Building)
STEM Career Fair (Service Points)
- Thursday, February 13th
- 9:00am to 3:00pm
- WSC ballroom
- Student Registration Link - If you are going Sign up HERE
- Student Service Link - HERE (Indicate you are from ASCE)
- Hinckley Center (East Conference Room)
- Sign up HERE
- February 20th 12:00-1:30
- Cost: $10 (payment method to come soon)
- Speaker: Dr. Franke on his research
- Barbecue Chicken Sandwich Buffet, Salad, Brownies, Lemonade
- This is our one month for the year when we host the ASCE CUB Luncheon! Civil Engineers from all over Central Utah will be meeting on our campus so come eat with them and get to know them. Internships are coming up soon so you will want to have contacts. Sign up via the google doc below. The first 20 are guaranteed a spot so the sooner the better. Priority may be given in the end to seniors and juniors if needed but sign up for now and we'll figure that out later.
Engineering Week Expo
- Booth and Games for kids interested in engineering.
- February 20th from 9-11 am and 12-2 pm.
- Put it on your calendars.
- Two seniors needed to lead organization of booth and competition. You are not required to be at the booth the whole time. This is aLEADERSHIP POINT. Mainly just needed to create a sign-up and get volunteers to help out. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
National Engineering Week is almost here! In celebration the Engineering and Technology Leadership Council (ETLC) is planning fun events for both students and the community to get involved with. The following are the activities:
February 20th- Engineering and Technology Expo from 9-11am and 12-2pm in the Garden Court of the Wilkinson Student Center
This event is for BYU students and local junior high and high school students.This is a great opportunity for BYU engineering students to get to know the other majors in the college and for younger visiting students to get to know what STEM majors are. The Expo will showcase interactive booths of various engineering and technology majors, clubs, and other cool projects students/teachers are working on. Competitions will also be held upstair in the Wilk for students of all ages. Also tours of the research labs used by BYU engineering students will be available.
February 21st- Cafe Rio Social at 6:00PM in the step-down lounge
Come eat, socialize, and watch teachers play Minute-to-Win-It games! Tickets are only $3 each or 2 for $5. Tickets go on sale TBA in 270 CB (Dean's office).
For more information visit the Engineering Week website: http://etweek.et.byu.edu
If you would like to get involved with any of these events please contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org
***BYU students DO NOT need to register***
- Bridge fabrication, email email@example.com to get fabrication times
- March 31st
- 12:00 to 5:00 pm
- Step Down Lounge
- SERVICE POINTS!
- Meeting throughout the semester to organize the trip to go to Hatch, UT area and serve on the Indian Reservation
- Orientation Meeting: January 22 from 4:00-4:20. Room 384 CB
- March 13th - 15th
- Leave at around 4:00 on Thursday the 13th, come back Saturday the 15th in the evening
- Working on pipes for water systems, and assisting in building a house
- Cost per person will come soon
- Contact Jacob Linford at 626-200-5799 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to go on the trip
- March 6th at 7 pm
- UVU is hosting an ASCE Webinar by the Structural Engineers Institute on High Performance Buildings
- Location details soon to come
- Central Utah Science & Engineering Fair (CUSEF) is a regional science competition for students in grades 5-12 that showcases the inquisitive natures and scientific discoveries
- At BYU
- March 25-27
- Breakfast and Lunch served for volunteers
- Sign up to Judge HERE
- Sign up to volunteer HERE
- Contact Nettina with questions - email@example.com
Go Serve at Y-Serve
- This is a Service point!
- Check it out HERE!
Sign up for ASCE!